The Best Hormone-Healthy Chocolate Avocado Recipes
Why are we talking about this?
Because using the best herbs for menopause, supported by the best diet for menopause, sometimes comes down to..
Standing in front of the fridge at 3 am thinking I WANT CHOCOLATE.
So part of my job is to help you with the nuts and bolts everyday reality of....
How do you make the best diet for menopause work when you're having cravings for chocolate - or just a "real" dessert?
So in this blog post I'm comparing 7 recipes for chocolate avocado mousse from around the web that are perfect for the menopause diet.
I'll show you how to make YOUR perfect mousse whether you like mild milk chocolate or midnight extreme dark chocolate.
I've also got a couple of BONUS chocolate avocado recipes for you.
And I'll be using this dessert extravaganza as a blatant excuse to give you some valuable information about how (and why) to feed your hormones with healthy fats every day (the diet for menopause weight loss or menopause belly fat is not a low-fat diet.)
And there are more great tips in the video!
Learn the menopause diet
With my menopause & weight-loss-friendly smoothie blueprint + recipes and my menopause diet essentials
Why Chocolate and Avocado Are Good For Your Hormones
1. Hormones are made of fat
Healthy fat is an important building block of hormones. Avocados are a great source of this healthy fat.
2. Control inflammation
Avocados have lots of inflammation-fighting omega 3 fats
3. Boost brain function
Dark chocolate has been shown to increase brain function and blood flow to the brain
4. Stabilize blood sugar
Dark chocolate can decrease insulin sensitivity (and you wondered if healthy chocolate desserts were real!)
5. Get UV skin protection
Dark chocolate can protect you from the sun's harmful UV rays
6. Improve cholesterol
Dark chocolate can help increase good cholesterol and decrease bad cholesterol
7. Boost libido
Both avocado and chocolate are aphrodisiacs
About The Chocolate Avocado Recipes
Why I love them
- Quick and easy to make
- Very satisfying as a dessert
- Great for chocolate cravings
- Very food allergy & food-sensitivity friendly
- Easy to make vegan, paleo, dairy, sugar, and nut free
- These all work with a blender, food processor OR electric mixer.
- Make sure your avocados are ripe
- Add ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, or orange zest if desired
- Top with chopped pistachios, cacao nibs, toasted coconut, or chocolate chips when serving.
- Always include a pinch of salt
Make them even healthier
- Use raw cacao
- Use non-dairy milk
- Use a low-impact sweetener (like stevia, monkfruit, or Lakanto)
- Each row, left to right, is one recipe
- Click on the "Avocado" row to see the original recipe
1/4 cup regular cocoa powder and 1/4 cup dutch cocoa powder OR melted chocolate chips
1/4 cup maple syrup
3-4 T milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips melted and 2 T cocoa powder
1 T maple syrup
1/4 cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla, pinch salt
3 T cocoa powder and 1/2 cup dark chocolate melted
2 T maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla, pinch salt, 1/4 cup milk
50g raw cacao powder (=1.8 oz)
3-4 T runny honey
1 tsp vanilla
6T cocoa powder
6 T maple syrup or honey
10 T milk
4 oz 70% chocolate melted
3 tsp monk fruit extract or liquid stevia
1.5 cups full fat nut milk yogurt. Cacao nibs for on top
6 T cocoa powder
6 drops liquid stevia
1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup water, 4 T coconut butter
BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR: Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and combine until smooth (about 45 seconds) .
ELECTRIC MIXER: Place everything except melted chocolate in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high until smooth - then add melted chocolate and beat some more - until fluffy .
Serve immediately OR store in fridge until ready to eat. Sprinkle with nuts, chocolate chips, or cacao nibs when serving
How To Create Your Perfect Mousse
Build your own recipe by choosing 1 from each column:
- Choose from column 1 - the lowest, highest, or medium amount of chocolate -. depending on your taste.
- Use 2 large ripe avocados (or 4 small ones)
- Choose your favorite sweetener from column 3 - add a little - taste - then add more if needed
- Add milk, water, or yogurt of your choice from column 4. Add just as much as you need to get it to blend (if it's too thick add more)
- Add optional ingredients of your choice from column 4 - vanilla, salt, coconut butter, and toppings
The Bonus Recipes
If you need a portable chocolate treat or one you can store in the freezer for emergencies - these truffles are perfect.
If you want to have this as a meal the smoothie recipe includes veggies and fruit so it's perfect.
Bonus Recipe 1 - Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- Beat together 6 oz melted semisweet chocolate + 1/3 cup avocado + 1/2 tsp vanilla + pinch salt
- Place in fridge until slightly firm to the touch - about 20 minutes
- Ross into 12 balls
- Roll balls in cocoa powder if desired
- Store in fridge or freezer, but serve room temp
See the original recipe at detoxinista.com
Bonus Recipe 2 - Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
Combine in blender:
- 2 small frozen bananas
- 1-2 pitted dates
- 1.5 Tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 of an. avocado
- 1.75 cups almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup baby spinach tightly packed
Blend until smooth
See the original recipe at KrisCarr.com
See The Original Recipes
Add Tonic Herbs
Add superfood tonic herbs to this recipe! My favorites for women over 40 are:
- 1 tsp of Reishi or Chaga mushroom
- 1 tsp prepared He Shou Wu powder
These healthy chocolate avocado recipes are one piece of the puzzle when it comes to balancing hormones naturally and feeling great during & after menopause.
To fit them into the big picture you want:
- Customized Chinese Herbs
- Supported by the best diet for your hormones
Learn how to get started with these free resources:
Level 1: Take An Easy First Step
Level 2: Get The Biggest Results
MY HORMONE-BALANCING SMOOTHIE RECIPE & DIET TIPS
SAVE YOUR SEAT IN THE NEXT LIVE WORKSHOP (and get access to my Crash Course on Menopause as soon as you sign up - FREE!)
You'll also get my menopause tips, events, and other communications via email. I will respect your inbox, and will never share your information. You can unsubscribe at ANY time.
Questions? Comments? Let's chat...
Thanks so much for joining me here today!
I'd love to know what was the one thing that jumped out at you - that you're going to start using right away?
Please type that into the comments below along with any questions.
Peace & Wellness
This information is being provided to you for educational and informational purposes only. It is being provided to you to educate you about Chinese medicine in your diet, lifestyle, and supplements and as a self-help tool for your own use. It is not personalized health advice. This information is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgment. For my full Disclaimer, please go to https://danalavoielac.com/disclaimer-2/