In this blog post I'll be adding answers to all the questions about menopause I get asked most frequently
Check back for more answers over time. Have a question? Use the Ask a Question button on this page to send it directly to my inbox.
What to do when menopause stress gets out of control
First - let's be clear YES. The hormonal changes of menopause can cause changes in your stress levels that can look like:
The good news is, when you support and balance your changing menopausal hormones, it can relieve this stress better than deep breathing, meditation, or almost anything else.
Like my client who said to me,
"Whatever was in those herbal pills you gave me, my family thanks you. I'm no longer yelling at my kids every day."
Here's how to feel better:
The two levels on which we deal with stress
Ideally we go through life being able to handle a fair amount of stress without harmful effects. Your RESILIENCE TO STRESS is incredibly important for your health and happiness.
During menopause we can easily lose this resilience becoming more and more sensitive to stress, and correcting this is a TWO-STEP process.
One step is to do some active stress management activity like any kind of meditation or deep breathing
This includes anything that actively helps calm the stress response. You definitely want to do this, But it’s what I consider a surface treatment…
The second step is physical/hormonal/systemic. What I mean by that is
1. If your energy reserves are depleted or your’e burned out - it’s VERY hard to handle stress well
2. If your watery Yin energy is low (and it’s pretty much the same as your female hormones - so it tends to decline in menopause) you’re less grounded and less calm, and you’re more sensitive to stress
3. If your nervous system gets on a hair trigger it takes very little go into fight or flight and its difficult to ever get back to a relaxed state
Even with LOTS of meditation - if those three things are out of balance - it’s a huge struggle to manage stress levels
The best way I know of to address all three elements in that second step is with herbal remedies.
So my recommendation is to:
1. Use herbs to replenish energy reserves, support watery energy and female hormone levels, and help regulate the nervous system.
2. Then practice meditation, deep breathing, or any active stress management while using the herbs and you'll really see results from your time on the cushion or yoga mat.
Or check out my Work With Me page for even more info.
Three Steps to Easing Menopause Symptoms with Natural Remedies
Get back to enjoying life THIS year!
Thanks so much for joining me today! Please put your questions & comments in the comments section below, I'd truly love to hear from you!
This information is being provided to you for educational and informational purposes only. It is being provided to you to educate you about Chinese medicine in your diet, lifestyle, and supplements and as a self-help tool for your own use. It is not personalized health advice. This information is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgment. For my full Disclaimer, please go to https://danalavoielac.com/disclaimer-2/