This Healthy Hot Chocolate with the Superfoods Raw Cacao & Chaga Mushroom is Packed with Health Benefits...
Healthy hot chocolate is a real thing! (Who knew??) Well, when I realized that hot chocolate could be a Superfood, and that you could make Supertonic Hot Chocolate... Well, let's just say it made my day and I couldn't wait to share it with you.
Now, this isn't just any old hot chocolate... Here's how it's different
- Use Raw Cacao Powder instead of processed chocolate.
- Use healthy milk - like nut milk or grass-fed milk.
- Use almond butter, sweetfruit drops, stevia, dates, or maple syrup to sweeten - NOT refined sugar.
- Add some Tonic Mushrooms to make this drink into a Superfood.
I finally gave up coffee w this superfood hot chocolate! Recipe Here.#recipe #cacao
Why Adding Chaga Mushroom is SO PERFECT In This Recipe.
Last year I learned the MOST FASCINATING tidbit from Longevity Expert David Wolfe. Supertonic Mushrooms like Reishi and Chaga are absorbed and used even better by the body if they are taken with some Raw Cacao (YES that is chocolate!!)
Raw Cacao on its own is a superfood and Chaga is a Super Tonic Herb...
So hot chocolate has become my favorite winter drink. I like to use Chaga in my healthy hot chocolate - as it has a mild, sweet flavor. A real Superfood - Chaga is a huge antioxidant, is very protective, and has way more health benefits than I can list here - for more info or to get some of the best Chaga available CLICK HERE
Why Hot Chocolate Matters During Menopause:
Cortisol is your stress hormone. Stress causes your cortisol level to SPIKE. Coffee also causes your cortisol to SPIKE.
Cortisol works CLOSELY with your female hormones (like estrogen.) If Cortisol is too high - estrogen and your other female hormones can't get in balance either.
So... Keeping stress and cortisol levels under control = an easier, more balanced menopause. This means both reducing stress and CUTTING OUT THE COFFEE are of huge benefit during menopause. And Many women find a dark, rich, yummy drink with a bit of an energy kick - like this hot chocolate - makes giving up coffee much more possible.
Sign Up Now
Join My Mailing List For More Great Recipes And Weekly Tips On Having an Easier, Healthier - MORE DELICIOUS - Menopause
Here's The Recipe
- 8-10 oz of milk (I recommend grass-fed whole milk or for a vegan or vegetarian alternative Hazelnut milk (it's sooo creamy.) Coconut milk, and almond milk also work really well.
- 1 and a half teaspoons of Raw Cacao Powder (more if you like it strong!)
- 6 Capsules of Wild Siberian Chaga (get it HERE)
- 1/4 teaspoon Coconut Oil (optional but delicious and good for you.)
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted Almond Butter (makes it extra creamy and naturally sweet.)
- A tiny pinch of sea salt
- Optional - 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Optional - I don't find this needs any additional sweetener - so try it.. but if you like your cocoa a little sweeter try adding 1/2 to 1 tsp of maple syrup OR 4 drops of Stevia OR one Date.
Here's What You Do:
- Heat up the milk until it is just starting to steam (not yet boiling)
- Take the milk off the stove and add all the other ingredients (pull the Chaga capsules apart and pour in the powder)
- Put the whole thing into a powerful blender and blend until it's smooth and frothy.
- Pour and ENJOY your healthy hot chocolate - packed with superfoods and satisfaction!
Thank you so much for visiting me here on the blog. I would LOVE to hear from you in the comments below.
And if you have a friend, relative, or followers you think would enjoy this article, please share using these buttons below or floating just to your left...