How To Avoid Thinning Hair During Menopause
Thinning hair affects about 80% of women over the age of 40!
What causes it? And why does it affect some women so much more than others?
And how can you treat or reverse it? That’s what we're covering in this blog post video.
This article is part of a series of blog posts on thinning hair during & after menopause. Be sure to check out the other articles in this series
- 1How To Avoid Thinning Hair During Menopause
- 2The Best Natural Remedies For Hair Loss In Women
- 3The Best 7 And The Worst 3 Foods For Thinning Hair
- 4The Best Supplements For Thinning Hair In Menopause
- 5How To Use Chinese Herbs For Hair Loss In Menopause (coming soon)
- 6How To Overcome Stress & Toxins For Thicker Hair In Menopause (coming soon)
- 7The 3 Best Essential Oils For Menopausal Hair Loss (coming soon)
- 8How to get more sleep during menopause - for thicker hair! (coming soon)
- 9What The Experts Agree On For Hair Loss In Menopause (coming soon)
Which Type Of Hair Loss Is This?
There are three main types of hair loss, and one of them is by far the most common among women.
In fact, if affects about 80% of women over the age of 40. It's called telogen effluvium, and thats the one we're talking about in this whole series.
Six Possible Causes Of Hair Loss
There are six common causes of this type of hair loss (watch the video for more details on each.)
1. Hormone Imbalance (including thyroid problems) can cause hair loss
2. Stress - either acute or chronic
3. Toxins - especially small, daily exposures
4. Fungal infections anywhere in or on the body
5. Nutritional deficiencies
6. Lack of sleep (less than 7 good hours per night)
80% of women have thinning hair after age 40 - find out WHY!
Why Hair Loss Affects Some Women More Than Others
1. They have one of the 6 possible causes to a great degree OR
2. They have many of the 6 possible causes going on at the same time
What You Can Do To Help Prevent Or Reverse Thinning Hair In Menopause
All six causes of hair loss can be addressed with diet and lifestyle changes.
This is great news, because it's safe, natural, and you can do it at home. **
This is bad news because it's not just a pill or quick fix!
I recommend using diet, lifestyle, and possibly supplements to counteract all 6 possible causes of hair loss. This can help your hair AND your overall health & hormonal balance.
Over the course of this series of blog articles, I'm going to show you how you can use a combination of the right:
As part of a comprehensive plan to keep your hair thick, shiny, and healthy.
In future videos in this series, I'll show you ways to to do each of these and how to make a plan to make it easy to combine them all.
What About Testing?
If you're dealing with hair loss already (not just preventing it) I recommend talking with your healthcare practitioner about doing some testing.
Be sure to ask about testing your thyroid (including tests for thyroid antibodies) and your iron (including ferritin.)
So To Review, Hair Loss...
Is incredibly common (80% of women experience it!)
Eliminating as many possible causes of hair loss as possible is the best way to keep your hair thick and healthy.
If you're already experiencing thinning hair, ask your healthcare practitioner about some basic lab testing to check for hormonal hair loss.
So To Review, Hair Loss...
Thanks so much for joining me here today - I'd love to know what was the one thing that jumped out at you - that you're going to start using right away?
Please type that into the comments below along with any questions.
And be sure to check out the other videos in this series.
Peace & Wellness
Hi, I'm Dana, I'm here to help you learn to use natural remedies based in Chinese medicine to have happy hormones and feel great during and after menopause.
For more natural remedies you can start using right now at home, become one of my email insiders.
I'll send my best hormone-balancing, menopause controlling, & healthy aging tips right to your inbox..
Along with a free gift to help you get started right away.
CLICK HERE to get started now.