By Avoiding the 3 Most Common Exercise Mistakes Women Make During Menopause
(the secret to the right exercise for menopause? - Too much cardio can increase inflammation and cortisol, drains your energy, and prevents weight loss! Get the details in the video...)
Exercise for Menopause Mistake #1
Get rid of long stretches of high intensity cardio.
For example.. all swimming and cycling with no walking might be too much! Try a nice rapid walk or a hike.
Exercise for Menopause Mistake #2
You don't take enough time to warm up.
This can lead to injury:( Where you used to do 5 minutes or warmup (or none) do a full 10 minutes.
Exercise for Menopause Mistake #3
Crunches and sit ups! Really - ditch em. They're not great for your low back or neck and not great for flattening your tummy.
Try bracing exercises like plank pose instead.
Avoid these 3 exercise mistakes during menopause
The BEST Exercises for Menopause
- Cardio in short bursts 10 - 30 min 1-2x only
- Longer low intensity like hiking, bike riding
- Strength training 1-2x/week to preserve muscle and keep metabolism high
- Agility, balance, flexibility (tai qi best for balance/preventing falls)
- Increase activity during everyday activities - stairs vs elevator - stand vs sit - have great posture.. this is really better than more time at the gym
The BEST Exercise HABITS for Menopause
- rest one day/week
- shake it up! don’t do the same thing every day
- drink plenty of water
- get plenty of protein
- get plenty of sleep
Thanks SO MUCH for tuning in!!
Please use the floating buttons to SHARE this article now -
and if you have questions or comments - just post them below - I would love to answer them - Dana
Read my 4-article series on Weight Loss During Menopause for -
- The most common diet mistakes
- The elements of diets that work during menopause
- The #1 weight loss tip for menopause from 6 experts including JJ Virgin
- (and more)
Level 1: Take An Easy First Step
Level 2: Get The Biggest Results
MY HORMONE-BALANCING SMOOTHIE RECIPE & DIET TIPS
SAVE YOUR SEAT IN THE NEXT LIVE WORKSHOP (and get access to my Crash Course on Menopause as soon as you sign up - FREE!)
You'll also get my menopause tips, events, and other communications via email. I will respect your inbox, and will never share your information. You can unsubscribe at ANY time.